智性英语|《简·爱》(Jane Eyre)第11期 | 听读原著( 二 )
停晴一看 , 这光线滑到了天花板上 , 在我头顶上抖动起来 。
I can now conjecture readily that this streak of light was, in all likelihood, a gleam from a lantern carried by some one across the lawn.
现在我会很自然地联想到 , 那很可能是有人提着灯笼穿过草地时射进来的光 。
But then, prepared as my mind was for horror, shaken as my nerves were by agitation,
但那会儿 , 我脑子里尽往恐怖处去想 , 我的神经也由于激动而非常紧张 ,
I thought the swift darting beam was a herald of some coming vision from another world.
我认为那道飞快掠过的光 , 是某个幽灵从另一个世界到来的先兆 。
My heart beat thick, my head grew hot.
我的心怦怦乱跳 , 头脑又热又胀
A sound filled my ears, which I deemed the rushing of wings.
耳朵里呼呼作响 , 以为那是翅膀拍击声
Something seemed near me.
好像什么东西已经逼近我了 。
I was oppressed, suffocated, endurance broke down;
我感到压抑 , 感到窒息 , 我的忍耐力崩溃了 。
I rushed to the door and shook the lock in desperate effort.
禁不住发疯似地大叫了一声 , 冲向大门 , 拼命摇着门锁 。
Steps came running along the outer passage; the key turned, Bessie and Abbot entered.
外面们廊上响起了飞跑而来的脚步声 , 钥匙转动了 , 贝茜和艾博特走进房间 。
'Miss Eyre, are you ill?' said Bessie.
"爱小姐 , 你病了吗?"贝茜说 。
'What a dreadful noise! It went quite through me!' exclaimed Abbot.
“发出那么恐怖的喊叫声!好似要穿透我了!”艾博特惊叹到 。
推荐阅读
- 跳高的鱼|考研英语捉住评分标准再做题 新东方在线老师助你事半功倍
- 我反对常年累月的学英语,英语水平过关即可
- NG视频|考研英语翻译和六级英语翻译哪个难?上岸考生:考研英语难!
- 厦门玩乐|开学升大三,英语四六级没过,期末成绩很一般,考研还有但愿吗?
- 假如相亲节目改用英语,本人觉得就是割裂……
- 枝头的喜鹊|考研英语翻译和六级英语翻译哪个呢?上岸考生:考研英语难!
- 必须把祸国殃民的英语赶下神台
- 飞行的小猪|《典范英语》家族又添新成员 配套录音由英国专业配音演员录制
- 穿搭日记|美国朋友总是唠叨你!“唠叨”英语咋说?简朴到你不敢相信!
- 居委会大爷|预习英语有方法,家长都保藏了!